Thursday 16 May 2013

Tour Diary day 2 Bath

We hit the road early today and headed out into a sunny morning on day two of my support for Terry Reid. Terry had a radio show today for BBC Bristol. Travelling by Land Rover is quite fitting as I watch the rolling hills and rapeseed fields go past the window with Terry's guitar stuck in my side...rock & roll! He tells me about the time he met Neil Young, going to a supposed secret David Bowie gig with Ronnie Wood in Dublin and the wonders of Hadrian's Wall. You really do forget how beautiful this country is till you actually take it in from a car seat!


The BBC interview goes well although the interviewer (nice as she is) tries hard to push Terry into talking about the now legendary turning down of being Led Zepplins frontman. Terry avoids it with grace though. I guess there just doing there job, lets face it you'd want to know about it but it must be frustrating for Terry for it to follow him around for the rest of his life. He did what he wanted to do at the time and that's fine. In Bristol we park up next to an old bric a brac and antique store with loads of weird stuff in. I wanted that top hat that Terry is modelling below but it was £40 and I'm a poor musician! After a a disapproving look from the owner we leave after saying thanks....he grunts at us.


As we drive through bath I can't help but be enamoured by the place, it's beauty and layout. The komedia venue also doesn't disappoint, a converted cinema that is bathed in golds and reds. It's the perfect setting for my music and you don't always get the chance to play in places like this. Soundcheck was great and I could gauge as people came in that I could have some fun tonight.


The sound guy fittingly was playing some Ravi Shanker before I came on to "the garden" so it was perfect. The crew were really professional tonight actually as I'm sure they always are but it's nice to be in a place that is run smoothly and confidently. City Speed and new song Sea Of Thought went down best tonight as well as memory maze. The set is working really well....it's weird for me sticking to a set for a period of time after always being a little skitzy with my set list. Terry has a standing ovation at the end and he congratulates me on my set that he actually watched all the way through tonight as he's normally busy with gig prep. He's definitely gonna buy my pedal! He keeps going on about it!


Here's a snap from the stage of a small percentage of the crowd...I need a panoramic shot really but I didn't have time as I was kinda working!

Thank you Bath you were friendly and engaging :-) I wouldn't expect anything less...thank you the family who took photos of me and to everyone who bought the EPs.

Gonna hopefully get time to see the Roman Baths tomorrow morning early, then onto Totnes....never been there.... God doesn't know what it's like, may ask Brian Cox....

Stay Safe
Andy xx


Personal Legend
Mastered by Pete Maher (U2, Beady Eye)



No comments:

Post a Comment