Thursday 17 October 2013

Gig Diary 3 - The Troubadour & Tamesis Dock


So before I headed off to Earls Court to play at the Troubadour I stopped off at London Borough Market. Gorgeous smells waft around the archways and indoor market showing off foods from around the world. Parma Hams, fine wines, cheeses, breads, veg and meats surround you with a bustling London crowd sheltering from the rain outside. I bet it's even better round Christmas time, definitely gonna go there in December. Truffles are £79 ...... Just saying.....quite expensive.


The Troubadour is a 1950s old tavern complete with huge wooden door and shield street sign. Adorned inside with a beautiful decor, bohemian vibes, and very flamboyant bar staff who are all passion, nonchalance and precision. The artists were given red wine and lasagne after soundcheck and believe me that never happens in any venue! The troubadour is steeped in rock and roll history with Dylan and Hendrx amongst others passing through its doors. I fell in love with it instantly and if I lived in the area I would spend all my time in there. The gig was packed out and the crowd were definitely enjoying their alcohol...



Of course I could pass through Earls Court without seeing one of the only remaining police box's. Being a massive Dr Who fan....this is the most exciting box since the rubix cube......


Taking the tardis to gigs is something I should do more, negotiating London with equipment this last week has caused some aches....I should have done this ages ago....






On Thursday before my gig I went to the Imperial War Museum. If anyone has been they will understand that the museum is an exceptional showcase of the Second World War, including the MI5, MI6, espionage, and by far the most intense museum installation I've ever had, The Holocaust. I urge anyone to go and experience it even if it is a little difficult, it really makes you feel small and humble. The first floor about the blitz also makes you proud to be British. 

Halloween is coming....my favourite yearly celebration. 


Tamesis Dock is a psychedelic boat mored on the Thames next to the Houses of Parliament. It's an amalgamation of bric a brac, cultures, styles, and influences with a fantastic musical taste. Overlooking the river with its pillars of English culture all around its a fantastic place to go and chill out. 



Everything about it is odd and kooky even the staff have an air of the psychedelic about them. If you ever go there definitely try the food as it's gorgeous! Watching the sun go down on a boat on the Thames reminded me of my boat trip down the Seine in Paris. 



Next stop The Regal Rooms in Hammersmith, the last stop this week....

Stay Safe
Andy xx




No comments:

Post a Comment