Saturday 19 February 2011

Sneaky Jack...


So after some confusion as to which studio we would be recording in, who was going to record it, when, how and why..We settled in Nut studios with an SSL desk, Neve inputs rediculously amazing mics and a lovely studio complex with setup up help from the owner and my trip guide Chris on the record button.
Today we have had some great results but hopefully we will have time to mix them before we leave tomorrow at lunchtime. If not i will take the files and mix them later. I want to use this equipment though if possible. 12 tracks were recorded and we had some beautiful moments with definitely some of my best acoustic performances if done.
People.....studio equipment makes a difference and proper outboard gear...makes a difference. Real outboard warm distortion colours your recordings in a yummy way.
Im too drunk to really elaborate on what im saying right now, so tomorrow hopefully ill have a good recording. The Irish are beautiful people, warm friendly helpful and kind. Everything is slower and more up my street...i could see myself here i think. I like it
Night Mooners
The Dr x

No comments:

Post a Comment