Thursday 6 December 2012

Its the end of the world as we know it....and I feel fine


Ello! Cold isnt it! The earth is in a different place so its not so hot....Brian Cox told me....

First up thanks to everyone who came to the recent Wedgewood Rooms shows.... the Martin Rossiter show was fantastic and the best show ive done in a while, also the Jack Savoretti/Karima night was a cracker. Its always a pleasure playing The Wedgewood Rooms and I think all at the wedge for their professionalism and hospitality. 

I got approached by an author named Michael Linford at the Martin Rossiter gig and this is what he said in the email to me the next day:.....
 
Hi
 
I have just finished writing my debut novel which had the working title of Twenty Twelve and is now called 'Music for the end of the world' and it will be available to buy on the 20th December 2012.
 
The whole book is musical themed, set in London and involves having the time to listen to 20 songs before the worlds ends. With this in mind, I am currently contacting musicians and other interesting people to see if they would be prepared to send me their own personal list of the 20 songs that they would choose. 
 
I have lists from various musicians so far, including
Kristin Hersh
Dubstar
The Wombats
Nerina Pallot
Kate Miller-Heidke
Rumer
Dodgy
Echobelly
I also have a 1 list from a dj,
Shaun Keaveny at BBC Radio 6 music

The websites for more information are as follows
www.michaellinford.co.uk and the book page can be found at www.facebook.com/TwentyTwelveBook

I think its a fantastic idea and its a pleasure to be involved

Soooooo...here is my list.....
I tried to think of what I couldn't stand not to hear again before doomsday... through memories involved, moments of my life these songs encapsulate, and the sounds that I love.....

1. Am I Wry? No - Mew
2. In It For the Money - Supergrass
3. In The Meantime - Spacehog
4. Lets Dance - David Bowie 
5. Daffodils - Charlene Soraia
6. Spooky - Classics IV
7. Being For The Benefit Of Mr Kite - The Beatles
8. Heard It Through The Grapevine - Marvin Gaye 
9. Neon - Amplifier
10. Stars - Dubstars
11. Enjoy The Silence - Depeche Mode
12. Voodoo People - The Prodigy
13. Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall - Coldplay
14. London Symphony Orchestra - Ravels Bolaero (full 15min version) 
15. Riverman - Nick Drake
16. Brothers In Arms (On The Night Live version) - Dire Straights
17. BBC Symphonic - Doctor Who Theme
18. When I Fall In Love - Nat King Cole
19. D'Ya Know What I Mean - Oasis
20. Cortez The Killer - Neil Young

What would your list be....please send me them I'd be intrigued!.

I have a gig with good friends HEAD FULL OF YOKO at the cellars in Eastney this Sunday 9th December. Tickets are £5 from me...please message me for them. Also on the bill is good friend Chris Perrin from Race Car Hearts. Hes always fascinating to watch too....dont miss it

A full 2012 list run down blog will be here next week......like High Fidelity by Nick Hornby.....I love a good list ;-)

Stay Safe....and buy that guitar/pair of shoes/big marrow..........cos its the end of the world ;-)
Andy x

Ive mostly been listing to
MOON DUO: CIRCLES

No comments:

Post a Comment